General Terms and Conditions for the ISIE-SEM 2019
All references to PIK in the following terms and conditions are to be interpreted as PIK Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research as Conference Organizer for the conference of the Section Socio-economic Metabolism of the International Society for Industrial Ecology
- Bookings are provisional until you receive confirmation of your place on the conference. Confirmation should be received within five working days of your booking being made where you will be provided with a unique booking reference number. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this confirmation.
- The booking confirmation will be sent to the email address provided on the booking form.
- Please select your registration fee according to your status (student, member, life member ...). If the wrong category is selected PIK reserves the right to cancel your registration without liability or penalty and you will be asked to start the registration process again.
- Delegates are required to provide proof of their status with a membership number, if applicable.
- Any visa costs required to attend the conference are to be incurred in full by the delegate.
- It is the responsibility of the delegate to obtain a visa to attend the conference, if applicable. A confirmation of paper acceptance letter for visa purposes is available upon request, please contact email@example.com to arrange this.
- If you have any special requirements (including access or dietary needs) please request these during booking and we will make reasonable endeavors to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate them. We may be unable to assist with special requirements if we are not notified in advance of the conference.
- Any personal data received during registration will be processed and stored in accordance with PIKs data protection policy and current data protection legislation.
- All places on the conference are on a first come first served basis until the capacity of the conference has been reached.
- Fees must be paid in full, in advance of the conference, either through the given payment methods. Payments can be made as follows:
- Credit Card Online - you will be redirected to a Bank secure page. Both VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
- Bank Transfer (within 14 days upon registration)
- Where VAT is applicable this has been included in the conference fee at the prevailing rate at the time of booking.
- In case of no full payment has been received within the specified time limit the event organizer reserves the right to cancel the registration of the participant.
- Cancellation of any booking by the delegate should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest possible convenience. Refunds will normally be made within 30 days of receipt of cancellation following the below terms.
- In the event of cancellation by a delegate:
- until 12th April 2019 the conference host will refund 100 % of the conference fee
- from 13th April 2019 and in case of no-show no refund is possible.
- When the named delegate is unable to attend, PIK will endeavor to accept a substitute delegate in their place. Substitutions must be agreed in writing prior to the conference start date and are subject to these Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of the new delegate to inform PIK of any special requirements (including access or dietary needs).
- If the conference is cancelled by PIK a full refund will be made to the original payee. PIK's total liability to you under this agreement shall in no circumstances exceed the price you paid for the conference.
- Any travel or accommodation purchased by the delegate for this conference is the responsibility of the delegate. PIK is not liable for the reimbursement of these costs to the delegate if the conference is cancelled or if the delegate is unable to attend after booking.
- Photography and filming may take place at the conference. If you do not wish for your photograph to be taken or image to be used please let us know in writing by email to email@example.com prior to the conference.
- Delegates may record or take photographs within the conference venue communal grounds.
- Delegates must seek permission to take photographs during the poster presentations or tutorials in advance by the speaker/s.
- On the day of the conference, individuals not wishing to have their photograph taken should advise organizers and they should also take responsibility to ensure that they keep out of any photographs.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas of the conference venue.
- Animals, with the exception of guide dogs and other service animals, are not permitted within the premises of the conference venue.
- It is the responsibility of the delegate to ensure all information provided in the booking form is correct and true at the time of submission.
- PIK reserves the right to change the content and timing of the program, the speakers, the venue and date, in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
- PIK will not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to equipment, vehicles or personal effects belonging to delegates during the period of the conference.
- You must be aged 18 or above at the time of making the booking.
PIK reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any-time without giving you prior notice.
Organizer of the conference is Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, in Potsdam, Germany. The organizers and their authorized representatives cannot be held liable for any damages, of whatever nature or loss of goods. Nor can they be held for any damages arising from any other defects in the accommodation or the surrounding grounds, any damage to goods or persons arising from any cause whatsoever, if and insofar as such damage or loss is not covered by third party liability insurance taken out by the organizers. German law is applicable. Place of jurisdiction is Potsdam, Germany.